A quick tour of Slovenia
An unexpected revelation, wild, sophisticated, elegant and beautiful, all these are perfect synonyms for Slovenia.
Surrounded by the Adriatic Sea, the Eastern Alps, the Balkans, Hungary, Croatia and Italy, Slovenia is a peaceful, serene and postcard-picture perfect scenic country located in the center of Europe.
While you intend to plan a trip to some scenic destination, then Slovenia is an ideal hotspot for you this holiday season.
Vibrant cities, cobblestone streets, charming villages, venetian-style shoreline, turquoise-green rivers, scenic beaches and snow-capped peaks, Slovenia encompasses its natural treasures with harmonious Baroque architecture, sophisticated cuisine and rustic culture.
All in all, Slovenia is truly an amazing travel destination which should be visited at least once in a lifetime.
Now, if you are planning to travel to Slovenia and thinking about where to go and what to explore? Then this post is simply for you. Read through the article to learn more about various attractions you shouldn’t miss visiting while you are in Slovenia.
Take a look at the top 3 list-
1# Ljubljana – The Capital City!
Pleasant, peaceful and leafy, the capital city of Slovenia, Ljubljana is all about these. Happens to be the largest, most loveable and greenest capital of Europe, the Ljubljana is known for its unique charm.
The major attractions of the city includes-
- Ljubljana Castle. An architectural mishmash, crowning over a 375-meter high hilltop in the east of the old town
- Also referred as the Triple Bridge, it is a picturesque three-bridges spanned right next to one another
- Central Market. A vast open-air marketplace nearby Triple Bridge
Where to eat in Slovenia?
- For authentic Slovenian delicacies
- Prince of Orange. For Italian cuisine
- Taverna Tatjana. For seafood delights
- Gostilna Cad. For Balkan food
- Yildiz Han. For Turkish dishes
2# Maribor – An Overgrown Provincial Town!
Maribor is the second-largest city of the nation, nestled along the Drava River banks and close to the Austrian border. Maribor is a charming, laid-back city, best-known for its countless outdoor recreation activities and its wine-growing industry.
The major attractions in Maribor includes-
- Maribor Regional Museum. Housed in Maribor Castle, the museum has the richest collections of the Slovenia
- Maribor Aquarium-Terrarium. A diverting combination of terrarium – aquarium, the place is known for its diverse collection of salt and fresh-water reptiles, critters, and other creepy crawlies
- Old Vine House. Know more about the Slovenian and 400 year old Maribor’s viniculture.
Where to eat?
- Restavracija Mak. For Fusion delights
- For tasteful Slovenian food
- Gril Ranca. For Balkan delicacies
- Pri Florjanu. For Mediterranean food
3# Piran – The Beautiful Coastal Town!
Piran is yet another must-visit picturesque city set at the tip of narrow peninsula. A resort hotspot of Slovenia, although small in size but is historic, scenic and quaint.
The major attractions of Piran includes-
- Cathedral of St. George. A Cathedral built in baroque-style, where you will see newly restored and richly ornate interior
- Venetian house. One of most eye-catching structure with tracery windows and balconies, built in the mid 15th century
- Museum of underwater Activities. A perfect hotspot for diving enthusiast where you can explore old-diving suits & helmets
Where to eat?
- Cantina Klet. Serves lip-smacking seafood
- La Bottega dei Sapori. For tasting scrumptious Mediterranean delights
- For Seafood
- Pri Mari. For delightful Mediterranean delights
So, these are the top-three must visit cities in Slovenia, that you shouldn’t miss visiting. Your trip to this picturesque travel destination Slovenia is probably incomplete if you miss these places.