Thailand, an ultimate travel destination blessed with rich cultural attractions, stunning beaches, adventure parks and finest cuisines. It is a must-visit land of beautiful smiles making your holiday experience both exciting and enriching.
Although the list of things to do is endless, planning your travel itinerary wisely will make your trip even more overwhelming and worth-memorable. So here’s a definitive compilation of 7 best things to do in Thailand for the first-time travelers –
1. Explore The History & Beauty Of Palaces And Temples!
Your travel without paying a visit to the country’s sacred temples and palaces is incomplete. So, while you are in Thailand, not to forget to explore the historic beauty and architecture of the wonderful palaces and temples namely-
- Wat Pho Temple, Bangkok. A temple consisting of the majestic statue of the reclining Buddha which is around 46 meters long. A must visit holistic place in Bangkok.
- Big Buddha, Pattaya. Also known as Wat Phra Yai, get amazed to see one of the largest images of Lord Buddha standing tall at 300 feet high. It is a prominent landmark offering the stunning views of the beautiful bay and the city.
- The Grand Palace, Bangkok. Nestled on the river Chao Phraya, this magnificent palace building was an erstwhile residence of the Kings of Siam.
2. Explore Stunning Beaches!
Spend a relaxing vacation while lying on the soft white sand, basking in the sun while admiring the crystal clear blue waters on the stunning beaches of Thailand. Most recommended spots are-
- Pattaya Beach. One of most crowded beaches in Thailand loading with various luxury resorts, bars, and cafes dotting along the stunning coastline. Experience the best of water adventures over here.
- Krabi. An ultimate beach destination offering amazing adventure sports experience namely Kayaking, Parasailing, rock climbing, scuba diving, snorkeling and so on.
- Karon Beach. One of the beaches in Thailand for a perfect family vacation to pamper yourself at luxury spas, go for elephant trekking adventure, enroll in Thai cuisine cooking class and enjoy a relaxing island yoga class. This has got something for everyone.
3. Must Experience Adventures!
Thailand consists of many beautiful and tranquil tropical islands acting as a great base for several thrilling adventure sports. Your travel to Thailand is incomplete without-
- The Elephant Trekking. Visit elephant sanctuaries to observe the lives and go trekking with these giant precious animals.
- Pattaya Tower Jump. Experience the thrilling adventure at its best by jumping off the 55th floor high tower, rising high at almost 170 meters.
- Rocket Ball Adventure. An incredibly adventurous experience where two riders seated in a vehicle catapulted in the air high up at great spin and speed of 100 KPH/sec. Faint-hearted people are not advised to try this thrilling activity.
4. Go Shopping At The Bustling Floating Market!
Larger-than-life shopping malls are Thailand’s most popular attractions, especially the floating market is something you shouldn’t be missing. Shop fresh veggies & fruits, experience the real Thai culture and buy souvenirs at haggling prices, the floating markets of Thailand is all about these. Several floating markets to choose from-
- Chatuchak Market
- Bang Nam Pheung Floating Market
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Amphawa Floating Market
- Klong Lat Mayom Floating Market
5. Ride The Tuk-Tuk!
Featuring in most of the travel guides, riding Thailand’s most amazing three-wheel rickshaw inspired mode of transportation is yet another best thing to do. It is one of the most practical yet wonderful experience for the first timers visiting Thailand.
6. Eat Authentic Thai Food You Shouldn’t Miss!
The uniqueness of the Thai food culture is one of the most celebrated culinary cultures across the globe. If you are vacationing in Thailand for the first time, then don’t miss the chance of trying its popular local food-
- Pad Thai (Thai style fried noodles)
- Tom Yum Goong (spicy shrimp soup)
- Som Tum (spicy green papaya salad)
- Gaeng Daeng (red curry)
- Khao Pad (fried rice)
7. Resort Accommodations Making Your Travel Worth Memorable!
Thailand is known for providing value for money accommodation to its travelers, especially when you are seeking for relaxing getaway. There are plenty of resort accommodation options to choose from, these are-
- Four Season, Koh Samui
- Green House, Khao Yai
So, these are 7 top things to do in Thailand that you shouldn’t miss to do if you are a first-time traveler.
Hope you’ve enjoyed! Thanks for reading 😃
TRAVELING. It leaves you speechless and turns you into a STORYTELLER.
“Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.